Deekay Technical Recruitment
London Borough of Islington
1. To carry out Multi-skillied works agreed as instructed by the Supervisor on Responsive, Planned, Empty Homes, High Value Repairs or Capital Repairs to an excellent standard upon completion.
2. To plan and organise workload to maximise productive time and ensure the best service to customers. This includes dealing with urgent and emergency repairs and ensuring, as far as practicable, that all appointments and targets are met.
3. To promptly inform a scheduler planner/supervisor of any unanticipated problems or delays that might impact on appointments for that day, so that work can be rescheduled.
4. To provide regular updates and information to supervisors/scheduler planner team and other colleagues to assist with ordering of materials, planning and scheduling of work.
5. To report any follow on or related repair works identified with the customer where these cannot be completed during the visit, providing sufficient detail to ensure an accurate further works order is raised on the system.
6. To maintain and contribute to the control of the imprest stock and other company property held on any assigned company vehicle. To ensure the security, care and appropriate use of stock, tools, materials, plant, and equipment and any other items issued.
7. To organise materials, tools, and equipment required to complete planned work and to arrange for imprest stock to be replenished as needed and notify the Supervisor of any difficulties.
8. To identify and submit requests for non stock items to ensure that any non-standard jobs are completed in a timely manner and notify the Supervisor of any difficulties.
9. To keep accurate records of materials used against a given job on the mobile device provided, only using manual documentation when systems are down.
10. To use the PDA (or other electronic devise as provided) to keep various records accurately, order materials, order follow on and new repair works and complete accurate paper records only where the use of a PDA is not applicable.
11. To provide instruction, feedback and guidance to apprentices and trainees when required. This includes checking work undertaken by apprentices and updating the team leader on progress.
12. To work in accordance with, the Council s policies and procedures, risk assessments and safe systems of work, and manufacturers manuals where applicable. This includes using all plant and equipment provided by LBI in accordance with instructions, procedures and current safety legislation.
13. To drive a company vehicle, where one is provided, to keep the vehicle clean and tidy and undertake daily vehicle safety checks and to adhere to the LBI Drivers Policy at all times
14. To work in accordance with the Council s code of conduct, promoting, building and maintaining effective working relationships with colleagues, partners and service users and acting as an ambassador for the council.
15. Maintaining high levels of personal motivation, attendance and conduct and taking pride in own work and the work of the team
16. To take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young person s / vulnerable adults in your care and those who you come into contact with. This includes reporting any concerns you have about someone who is vulnerable to a Team Leader
17. To undertake other duties commensurate to the grade of the post, working flexibly to meet the needs of the service.
18. To use and assist others in the use of information technology systems to carry out duties in the most efficient and effective manner.
19. To achieve agreed service outcomes and outputs, and personal appraisal targets, as agreed by the line manager and participate constructively in the appraisal process,
20. To undertake training and constructively take part in meetings, supervision, seminars and other events designed to improve communication and assist with the effective development of the post and post holder.
21. To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the council s commitment to customer service excellence and ensure compliance with the customer care standards.
22. To be committed to the Council s core values of public service, quality, equality and empowerment and to demonstrate this commitment in the way duties are carried out when working with colleagues and tenants.
23. To ensure that duties are undertaken with due regard and compliance with the Data Protection Act and other legislation.
24. To carry out duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Council s Health and Safety Policy and relevant Health and Safety legislation.
25. At all times to carry out responsibilities/duties within the framework of the Council’s Dignity for all Policy. (Equal Opportunities Policy).
26. To carry out duties in accordance with all other LBI policies and procedures.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".
|The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".